Tuesday 20 January 2015

Courageous Woman #2

Here is a poem I wrote for every single Woman who has ever been mistreated or abused in some way, whether physically or emotionally.

Courageous Woman

I see the truth behind those scars
The mask to hide your soul
With one word, you cut me to shreds
Your face cold
You left me for dead

You said it was all my fault
You said I had to change
Every action, every breath
Was criticised to death
You pulled me down to an inch of myself

You made me believe the lies
Till all my hopes all shrivelled up
Till all I knew was this
The pain, the chaos, the endless turmoil

Dreams like shattered mirrors
Your words expose my nakedness
I tried to defend my very being
You held up your hand and silenced me

I tried to scream, bellow, curse
Nothing I did would get through to you
You were caught in a web of deceit and hate

Where you twisted words and actions
And took everything personally
Where you were right and the world was wrong
Where the world hated you so you owed it nothing

One day I broke away
I ran down the road in the opposite direction
The further I got
The clearer my mind
The less that I missed
All that was behind

I saw it was you
It WAS NOT ME
Little by little I remembered
Who I was
My dreams, my hopes
I realised that  I still had a future
I would not die without your love

Love, if you could call it that
More like hate
A suffocating dryness swallowing up my joy
Taking away the essence of me
Piercing deep within my soul

I am a woman, a woman
Beautiful and free
I have much to live for
Life is just beginning

I'm pushing down the walls you built
All the rules, the hurt, the turmoil and pain
I'm not walking on egg shells
Ever again

I'm a woman, a woman true
With passions and desires
With a heart like a lioness
I protect my young and those I love
You would do well to remember my wrath
My righteous anger
For all you took from me

At the end of the day
It is you who has lost out
Out on life, love and hope

Come into the light
Leave your baggage
Leave those burdens
Enjoy the freedom
Find love, find peace,
Find joy for your soul
Find life again, life to the full


 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment